Saturday, September 20, 2014

Filofax travel

A few weeks ago I left home and travelled just under 2000km to visit Sydney. I've posted about it here. The map is from RACQ.com.au and shows you how far I went - sort of. We actually drove 170km to Longreach, then flew to Brisbane and then down to Sydney, it still took us about 12 hours.


I wanted to enter the Filofax 'How well traveled is your Filofax' competition that they are running at the moment, so I made sure to take a photo of my new silver Original in front of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House.



Back home in the outback, I of course needed to take a photo of a windmill and some dust, got a bit of fence in as well. Past the outskirts of town, we are surrounded by barren plains, and some smudges of hills in a cloudless sky.



My town, Winton, is actually pretty famous, it's were Waltzing Matilda was written and first performed, we have a museum about it.  We have the largest collection of Australian dinosaurs - and finding more.  We even have the world's biggest deckchair and one of the last open air theaters. We have some other nifty places too, as well as a biannual festival in September - this year is the off year. I feel pretty lucky to have lived here.







No comments:

Post a Comment