Friday, July 26, 2013

Yarns

My big crochet project has come to a halt!  I've decided that I need to do a row of blue or turquoise next but the perfect colour is ear marked for a different project. So this week I decided to take a break for the big blanket and go with the smaller project while I await Lincraft's parcel of yarn to arrive.

See this yarn???


Perfect turquoise - but it also has pompoms! This yarn is full of win I tell you. 
I bought it from Spotlight.




I bought it in red, white, and turquoise. 
I wish I had bought more but I was under the scrutiny of my husband. 
Spotlight really needs to sort out a proper online shop because you can only get Moda Vera yarns from them!


I had to roll it up into a ball to make it useful. The pompoms made it somewhat difficult.

I'm going to make some crochet 'paper chains'. I got the idea from Love Stitches - here. But I'm not using her pattern.



Bonus - Our next door neighbour gave us some fresh veggies from his garden so I made a yummy stir-fry!


This weekend couldn't have come soon enough. Although I'm almost over my flu/cold (which ever one it was) I still feel dull.  Luckily I had a prac student with me for the last 2 weeks so I didn't actually have to teach as much and let her take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment