Sunday, May 26, 2013

Aussie Curves - Green

 

After my attempt for the Aussie Curves - Pajamas week, I realised I was in dire need for some new pajamas - actually matching ones.  I also had to get it done before my school camp - which I go on, tomorrow at 5:30 am. I did all the cutting out and actually got the bottoms done last weekend, so I finished off the top today.

 

Easy sewing - I love it.  I made the pajama bottoms based off an old pair that had worn through. The top is my trusty t-shirt patten based off a one I bought from Big W - but I extended the sleeves.


I had bought the fabric years ago.  At the time I couldn't decide whether or not a 'actually' liked it - I mean brown and green? But the hearts! And so nice and comfy. Luckily I did buy a heap of it - just enough to squeeze in pants and long sleeve top anyway.

Ignore all cat hair.


I also managed to sew a kimono sleeved top out as well. This fabric was in a second hand lot that I won off Ebay.  It's a cotton blend so it was easy to sew and doesn't need a lot of ironing.


I was worried that it might look a little like hospital scrubs, but there is a little shaping and darts. It feels nice to wear; I might shorten the sleeves even further.

 

Top: mine
Jeans: Sara 
Boots: I love Billy - dark green!
Necklace: Bubble necklace from eBay.




The original pattern is from Vogue - pattern 1247. I've done some modifications like getting rid of all the gathering - no I don't need any more fabric around my boobs and shoulders, moved the darts, and removed a lot of the fiddly pieces.




One more...

 

  • Black t-shirts - my other black t-shirts are becoming mis-shapened
  • White t-shirts - because I don't have them - except for the spotted one
  • Take in all my jeggings - one more pair to go
  • Make a proper black skirt
  • Make a polka dotted black skirt
  • Make a gallaxy t-shirt and leggings
  • Make a few kimono sleeved tops - well one anyway

6 comments:

  1. Love the pjs! Aussie Curves homemade week is going to be easy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - my students loved them - plus they were warm.

    I wish jellyfish - because knowing me I'll say to myself, 'You should make something special for homemade week,' and then I'll get myself all worked up and it stuff it up royally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i admire anyone that can sew.....love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job lady! LOVE the green jeans outfit that top is perfection. And the pj's are such a win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about perfection but it will do! Thank you.

      Delete