Wednesday, April 10, 2013

10 Things About Me - Craftist not Artist



I love working with my hands. I sew, I crochet, I knit (not very often because crochet is my first love), I make stuff.

I wish I was more arsty then crafty though. What I wouldn't give to be able to say, 'Oh, I'm an artist.' But I can't. It just doesn't sit right.  Although I love teaching visual art classes.

Craft seems to have these terrible connotations of 'craft corner' from primary school or 'home eccy beccy' which is totally insulting being a HOME EC teacher and all. What's wrong with that?


Nothing, that's what I say!  So anyway,

'Hi, I'm Pammy and I'm a craftist.'

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I call myself a Craftist too. And I've long stop listening to the people who told me I can't paint or draw, or made me feel I cannot be an artist based on their judgement. Well, I am an artist, and I like to crafter. I am a craftist!

    www.theartsycraftsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment - craftists represent!

      Delete